Thursday, June 18, 2009

The nicest possible shock

"Ayelet, I need to talk to you about something," said my boss, following me into my office.

"Okay..." I said, heart sinking. What did I do? Well, if I did it, I can probably come up with a justification for it. Or apologize. Profusely.

"It's been decided that you'll be the MICA (mental illness/chemical addiction) program coordinator at this site," he said. In other words: a promotion, and a raise. (A tiny raise.) It will be a small program, but I will be coordinating it!

Woohoo! I knew we were starting a MICA program, and they knew I wanted to work in it. But coordinator? NO idea!

I'm pleasantly surprised. Pleasantly stunned, actually. But I shouldn't be. Ever since I started, I've said that I have a diabolical plan to introduce detox acupuncture to the agency. Now that might actually happen.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

8 comments:

  1. First of all - congrats! This is great news and a fine feather for your cap!

    Second - "It's been decided?" Did he decide? Was he part of the decision? I'm probably reacting to nothing, but it sounds kinda passive.

    Either way - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great honey. I am very happy for you! On another note, I booked a course upstate NY for one week in October, so the week-end of the 16th or the 22nd, I will be in the city and would love to have lunch with you. Hope you are around at the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!
    I wish you lots of success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow my earlier comment didn't take. So, Mazal Tov on this much deserved promotion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mazal tov and yasher co'ach :)

    ReplyDelete