Sunday, June 28, 2009

You have GOT to be kidding me

So I went to a singles event tonight. Did not meet Mr. Wonderful, but did get in some good facetime in with the official matchmaker.

I can't decide if I'm an optimist or a fool. Based on my experience with matchmakers, I should view them as Lucy with the football, waiting to yank it away from Charlie Brown. But I told her she threw a great party and helped us get to know each other a little, and she kissed me and asked me to tell her boss, the head of the organization.

What the heck, I'm not easily intimidated:

Dear Rabbi Bigshot,

I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed tonight's singles event. I think the matchmaker did a great job helping people get to know each other, and she is very friendly and approachable. There was someone I was interested in, and she said she would talk to him about me, which I appreciated. I also appreciate the opportunity to join the singles database.

Besorot tovot, Ayelet Survivor

At the end of the event, we filled out little forms about ourselves and had our pictures taken, so that they can try to match us up with some of the 3000 other singles in their database. So we'll see if anything comes of it.

I came home to this email from HealthNut:

Thank you for the opportunity, your kindness and consideration.
Please keep me in mind if you come across someone that you think may be a match with me.
Thank You
All the best.

You have got to be kidding me. I'm tempted to write back and tell him that I wouldn't introduce any of my friends to a guy who's too cheap to buy them a cup of coffee.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your war notes direct from the battlefield, we out here in the trenches appreciate it.

    --S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not nicely let him know that he did something very basic wrong? That on a date he should pay (or at least try to pay) for the woman's beverage. He probably has no clue.

    ReplyDelete