Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Oops! I did it again...

I scare men off so easily.

The 26-year-old I met at karaoke, Rochel Steiner's ex-husband (RSX), said he wanted to be Facebook friends with me, so I friended him on Tuesday. Tuesday night he IMed me:

RSX: hey Ayelet... u do acupuncture?
A: just 5 points on the ear, a protocol for substance abuse detox
RSX: NADA

That doesn't mean "nothing"; it stands for National Association for Detox Acupuncture.

A: yes, I'm a member of NADA
RSX: very nice... I am an acupuncturist, graduated Touro College Graduate School of Oriental Medicine in May

A: kewl, what did u do before that?
RSX: teach martial arts

HOT.

A: u must be in really killer shape
RSX: wouldn't u like to know
A: well, I got something of a preview ;)
RSX: indeed u did

[I neglected to mention in the previous post that at about 11 p.m. Monday night, RSX asked me to take a little walk outside the karaoke bar. He pulled me into a doorway and kissed me. I let him because 1) he's extremely hot and 2) he's 13 years younger than I am.]

Now here's where Ayelet screws it up:

A: as did u, although my shape isn't nearly as impressive

Why did I have to point out that I'm not in perfect shape? His ex-wife is very slender and fit, true, but he wasn't making out with her in a doorway, or slow-dancing with her while someone else butchered "Don't Stop Believin'."

[It was while we were dancing that he mentioned rocking from foot to foot helps him build up power.

"Power?" I asked skeptically. "To do what?"

"To heal someone," he said. "To kill someone."

"Can you heal me?" I asked.

"What's the matter?" he asked.

"I have bad knees," I told him.

"Hop up on that bar stool," he said. Then he held his hands a few inches away from my knees and moved them up and down my shins. It felt... interesting. I definitely felt something, some kind of energy. Have to say that they're a little achy today, though.]

A: u saw my knees ;) and ur arms were around me... I wouldn't expect u to be able to sketch me, but u must have gotten some idea ;)

I just dig myself in deeper. He changes the subject.

RSX: how were ur knees feeling today btw?
A: pretty good, a little achy... could be the weather changes
RSX: yeah
A: on rainy days they tend to hurt more
RSX: makes sense

I'm losing him. What can I say to rekindle his interest?

A: I've been wondering what else you're good at ;)
RSX: hmmm i got many talents
A: apparently

Silence. According to his next status update, he went to practice karate. An hour later I sent a final pathetic message:

A: practice hard -- I look forward to learning more about your many talents

No response. Why do I always shoot myself in the foot like this?

But today RSX tagged me in one of the karaoke group photos someone else posted on Facebook. My face is one small spot in the crowd; I'm flattered that he bothered to look for me and tag me.

In other boy news, OS finally emailed me his photo. He's not totally hideous. I guess I'll keep talking to him.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

No comments:

Post a Comment