Thursday, September 03, 2009

Girls' night out

My friend Miriam told me about the elegant and funky Room Mate Hotel, which has a bar with a pool. Not a big pool, but still -- a bar with a pool is pretty cool! (Sounds like a grown-up version of Dr. Seuss.) I decided to organize a little outing. Since we'd all be wearing bathing suits, I decided to make it a girls-only party.

Initially I tried to organize the bar-pool party for the Wednesday before my cruise, then realized I'd be frantically packing and tying up loose ends at work. So I postponed it till the Wednesday after my cruise. I again postponed it because last Wednesday I was still suffering from jet lag and romantic disappointment. I also invited all my female cruise buddies and a vegan friend (VF) who had a delicious vegan party she invited me to last Thursday night, the first night I started feeling normal again.

It was So. Much. Fun! Three cruise buddies, Miriam, and VF showed up. Good thing I postponed it and invited all of them. I forgot how much I love being in the water, especially since I hate the beach and all that darn sand. This was perfect. Also, while some of the girls knew each other, others didn't, and we all got along beautifully. I can't wait to do it again.

It almost wasn't So Much Fun, though, because I forgot my damn bathing suit. Fortunately, I sent out an update letter telling everyone that despite the lack of suit I still planned to go, and a friend who hadn't yet left for work brought an extra suit with her. Even though two of the other girls were rocking bikinis -- I'm sorry, that should be rocking bikinis, because they have amazing figures -- I felt comfortable and happy. And sexy. And relaxed.

This has been a busy week. Monday night I sang karaoke with ET and his friends, to substantiali acclaim. Last night I frolicked in the pool with my girls. Tonight I'm hanging out with other friends after work. Sunday I have a date, set up by the matchmaker I visited in Long Island.

Monday I'm going with Jurassic Vassilievitch to update his haircut. We've been chatting on Facebook and emailing, and it's good -- I like being friends with him, although he worries about me almost as much as my mother does. He's had the same hair for as long as I've known him -- apparently for more than 30 years -- and it's definitely time for a change.

My life is starting to resemble... a life. Maybe not the life I'd hoped for at this stage, but it's still a pretty good life, I guess.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

6 comments:

  1. Good for you!!! Glad you are enjoying yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is the happiest I have read you for a long time. Please do it again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto! Please invite me next time . . .I could use a night out like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray! and I totally want to come one time!

    --S

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would be a nice time. Next time, please invite me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely, Homoopathie -- send me your email address! helpfordepression @ gmail. com

    ReplyDelete