Sunday, December 06, 2009

Meeting the kids

Last Thursday I said I'd take a hiatus on blogging about JV. As Oscar Wilde famously put it, "I can resist everything except temptation."

JV picked me up last night to spend some quality time together. I asked him to recap our discussion from Sept. 29, the night we got back together.

"I was so amazed and astonished," I said, "that I think all my cerebral blood flow was directed toward the emotional part of my brain, so the part that encodes memory was unable to function. I can't remember anything you said."

"You said we should hang out more," said JV, "because it was easy and comfortable and there was no danger of us falling in love. I said, 'It's not a matter of falling in love with you. I don't think I ever fell out of love with you.'"

A few minutes later, I re-started the conversation.

"Are we doing anything tomorrow?" I asked.

"Malchick #2 (his younger child) has a choir concert," said JV. "Want to come?"

Whoa. Technically I've met his children, at the party this past summer and the morning after the rats first invaded my home. But to go to one of their performances?

"The only problem is, Mara will be there and she's sure to make some nasty comments about you to the kids," he continued.

"I don't know if that's the right way for me to meet your kids," I said. "I don't want to be the reason Mara ruins the day for Malchick #2. Also, I don't think you should tell them I'm your girlfriend until we meet with Dr. R on December 14 and we know we're not breaking up immediately."

"Probably the smarter thing to do," conceded JV. I'll see him later today.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

1 comment: