Thursday, April 15, 2010

I'm still here

I've been utterly exhausted, commuting two hours between JV's house and my office due to the renewed rat infestation. I went home yesterday, and all appears quiet. Hopefully I'll get back into blogging again soon. Let's see if I can summarize the major events of the past month:

1. JV and I successfully hosted Pesach for his parents, babushka, sister, and kids. Everyone ate what I cooked, more or less (M2 did not like salmon loaf, although M1 did). After the sedarim, JV and I took the kids to the Empire State Building, Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty, and the Bronx Zoo. We seem to be getting along pretty well.

2. JV admitted that he loves me. Not voluntarily. I forget how I cleverly weasled it out of him. But he loves me, yeah, yeah, yeah, so that's good.

3. I was trying to find a client's parole officer and was calling the different bureaus without success. Nobody answers the phone. The P.O.'s are all out making surprise visits and checking up on clients. So I decided that somebody would surely answer the bureau chief's phone. I did not think that the actual bureau chief would. He did, and now I have an appointment with him on Friday to promote our dual diagnosis program. Which is good, because the executive director of the agency wants me to be talking it up and seeking more clients.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

No comments:

Post a Comment