Sunday, June 06, 2010

What happened at work, Ayelet?

Tensions have abated. I sat down with Mr. Princess Crybaby, his supervisor, and my supervisor, and we hashed things out. He's moving to another office soon, so it doesn't matter so much, but it looks like there will be less hostility. Good thing, too, because I've got way too many clients with more arriving every week. Can't afford to have hostility on top of overwork.

Dinner at Prime Grill was lovely, although Oedipus was bored and apparently doesn't like JV. Not sure why. Maybe he's jealous.

"I don't want you to marry that guy, Aunt Ayelet," he said. "I don't want to be related to him."

"Very sorry to hear that, sweetheart," I said. He'll get over it. Right? JV still has to talk to his children about us getting married, and M1 might have a similar reaction.

JV didn't have a chance to buy me the diamond journey earrings I wanted for my birthday. We went to the mall today but didn't see anything I really loved. Jersey -- what did we expect? So in a few weeks we're going to go to the Diamond district, and look for earrings and an engagement ring.

By then, hopefully JV will have broached the subject with the malchicks.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

1 comment:

  1. Glad things have settled down at work. And that there is diamond jewelry in your future. You'll see, everything will fall into place. : )

    ReplyDelete