Sunday, October 17, 2010

Rejected by eHarmony

I was going to sign up for MeetingMillionaires.com, but I found their system confusing. If I sign up for a Bronze membership, does that mean I can't reply to Silver members? And a Silver membership is about $128. That's pretty steep for a social experiment.

So I went to eHarmony. And after I filled out their extensive questionnaire, I got this message:

We're very sorry, but our matching system cannot predict good matches for you.

eHarmony's patented matching system was developed after extensive research into marital satisfaction. We use each person's responses to our Relationship Questionnaire to predict the pairings of individuals that are highly likely to result in satisfying long-term relationships, based on what we learned through our research.

Unfortunately, based on responses to our questionnaire, we occasionally find situations where our matching system cannot identify high quality compatible matches, and this has happened in your case. Please understand that it is a result of our matching process and in no way reflects on you as a person or your ability to be in a happy relationship.

We apologize and regret our inability to find good matches for you. The time you spent completing our questionnaire, however, has enabled us to provide you with a free Personality Profile.. This Personality Profile lets you learn more about yourself and should provide you with valuable insights.

We wish you all the best in your search for that special someone.

So much for that...
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

6 comments:

  1. Some of my friends have found some success with okcupid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David thinks eHarmony is Christian. And check out this link:

    http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/280776/does_eharmony_discriminate_against.html?cat=41

    So don't take it personally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got that message, too, some years ago. Wonder if it's depression that they're screening out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I met my husband on okcupid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. E-harmony-I couldn't even finish their questioner!!! the only good thing about E harmony is the commercial. Try: Jsingles.com, Jewishcafe.com,
    Jewishsoulsearch.com
    (My husband tried Eharmony and never got a real date-he thinks you can do better, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I probably came across as too observant and Jewish. Maybe I should rejigger the questionnaire and try to be less frum ;)

    ReplyDelete