Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Israeli Techie (IT)

There's another guy I've been corresponding with -- an Israeli who works with computers.

45, Male
East Brunswick, NJ
Divorced, with one child
Modern Orthodox (liberal)
From a traditional family

Grew up in: Israel
Consider relocation? Yes
Wishing to make aliyah to Israel? No
Jewish Education: hebrew school
Secular Education: vocational/technical college
Languages Spoken: English, Hebrew
Political Beliefs: not important
Occupation: Computers
Hobbies and Interests: music, reading, traveling, gym

Physical Attributes
Height: 165 cm/5' 5"
Build: athletic
Do you smoke?: no

Religious Practice
Frequency of Torah Study: occasionally
Frequency of Tefilah: daily
Kippa: knitted kippa
Tzitzit: sometimes

This is how I describe myself: I served in the Israeli army. I work hard at a job I love. I am polite, fun-loving, easy to talk to, and have a good sense of humor. I love children, music, sports, and travel. I have a wonderful son and I would love to have more children. I would be happy to send you a picture of myself.

This is what I am looking for in a mate: I am looking for someone to spend my life with -- someone to be my new best friend. I am looking for a gentle, smart, attractive, working woman who loves children, travel and seeing new places. She should be easy to talk to, open to new ideas, and love Israel. I am looking for someone who wants to have children (and may already have her own).

He wrote to me yesterday:

Hi. just wanted to say hello and tell you that I enjoyed your profile. have a great day, IT.

I responded:

Hi IT, thanks for writing. I liked your profile as well and would like to get to know you better. Do you have a picture?

I don't know why people don't just post  photos of themselves on their profiles but oblige us to give them our personal email addresses in order to see them. It irks me.

you can please send me your e - mail .
Thank you IT.

Fine, whatever, I sent the email address I use least. Which meant that I didn't see the photos for about a day. And... they weren't very informative. Showed distant pictures of him in sunglasses and a baseball hat, posing next to some touristy site. All I could tell was that he's not morbidly obese and he doesn't appear to have survived smallpox.

But I'm trying to be less judgmental...

Thank you for sending your photos. What's the next step?

He answered,

Hi Ayelet. I hope all is well with you. I think that from now on it will be easier.and better for us to speak on the phone from now on. what do you think?  have a good night. IT

Well, at least he's not dragging his feet.

I think that's best too. My # is 212-xxx-xxxx. I'm going to be really busy for the next part of the week and the weekend, so maybe we can talk next week.

I probably shouldn't have told him that -- should just have given him my number and let him call or not. But I'll let you know what happens.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

No comments:

Post a Comment