Tuesday, November 09, 2010

What's the deal with Jersey Jake?

After not hearing from Jersey Jake for a week, I unfriended him on Facebook. He sent me a confused friend request saying something like, "didn't we used to be friends on here?" and I re-friended him. And nothing. So last Friday afternoon I sent an email to the friend that introduced us (in real life), because I figured he should know how things turned out:

Hi Chanan, hope you and the family are well.

I'm not sure what the deal with Jersey Jake is. He and I met briefly and spoke a few times over Simchat Torah. He emailed me saying you thought he and I had some things in common. I asked what, and I never heard back from him. I unfriended him on Facebook, which he noticed and sent me another friend request. I accepted it, but I don't think he wants to go out with me.

Thank you so much for thinking of me, and I hope you have a wonderful Shabbos.

He wrote back yesterday:

Hey Ayelet -- It's good to hear from you. I didn't see this email on Friday and I don't have internet access at home right now.

I am sorry to hear about what you're describing. I haven't followed up with Jersey Jake since he told me you and he met in person. The few times we've talked it has been about other stuff. He's a gentleman, so I would imagine he would be in touch with you one way or another.

I'll look into it and get back to you. Talk to you soon.

Apparently Chanan thinks what Jersey Jake did was wrong, or at least inappropriate. And wouldn't have known unless I'd said something. Kinda drives home the point that all the good men are married already ;)
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

1 comment:

  1. Can you blog about anythg else except these profile excerpts. (the dating world in general, your life experiences rather than pages of profiles) You were at the Darna dinner...did you make any connections there?

    ReplyDelete