Friday, December 10, 2010

It was definitely a date

So I met him at Blossom and we had dinner. What can I say? It was fun, it was relaxing, it was easy. He's a nice guy. There's no game. At least I don't think there is. There were some conversation lulls, which always make me a little uncomfortable, and I talked a lot, but he talked too. We talked about big things and little things, movies and family stuff, selected episodes from our past. He paid for dinner, he walked me home and waited until I was in the building to set off for the subway.

I logged onto Facebook and saw a message from him, time-stamped 7:32:

I am here at Blossom.

I wrote back at 9:46:

Sorry I kept you waiting! ;)

(I probably got there at about 7:35.)

No problem. You didn't. You came on time. We have to get together again soon.

That message hit at 10:32, when he was probably aboveground on the subway or going over the Manhattan Bridge. And like I said -- no games, no strategies, just honest straightforward interest.

When? ;)

I asked.

I am free on Saturday night and Sunday night. What works best?

According to The Rules, you should never accept a Saturday night date request after Wednesday. To show that you're busy and in demand. But I don't have plans for Saturday night, and I want to spend more time with him. Screw The Rules.

Saturday night is good. What do you want to do?

He responded:

There is bowling, pool, ping pong, a romantic stroll through central park. What are you in the mood for?

A romantic stroll! Too bad it will be dark and very, very cold.

Not bowling ;) It will probably be too cold for a romantic stroll, although I'm not opposed to romance. I suck at pool but I suck harder at ping pong, so pool it is.

The awesome thing about pool is, if you wear a low-cut top, it is very distracting to your opponent when you bend over the table to take a shot. We settled on pool, and he'll pick me up at my apartment tomorrow night.

Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

3 comments:

  1. Heh heh heh. I like the way you're thinking!

    I always had good pool dates. Pool is sexy; lot's of leaning, opportunities to coach, and of course, the er, sticks and balls. Good choice.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for good first dates nad double yay for second dates!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rules...ugh They're for people too afraid to live life on their own.
    It shocks me how popular they are.

    ReplyDelete