Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Letter from a friend

Got this note from a friend. Can't remember if I've blogged about him before. I'll call him Plato, since he's very philosophical.

Sweetie, I know it's hard to believe, but you don't need anything else in this world to have a sense of contentment except yourself. Maybe not the way you wanted, but believe me your existence itself HAS VALUE, even if you did nothing the whole day but sit in a room and stare at a wall, all the more so when you're functioning citizen out there in the world contributing. 

If Viktor Frankl can find a sense of contentment in a concentration camp why can't you? Set aside 5 minutes a day where you imagine you're in a concentration camp, it will set you free and allow you to focus on the joy of just BEING without all the disappointments you torture yourself in your world of Goals and Achievements. It's all a bunch of crap anyway, I promise you. 

I for one am happy you're in the world, Ayelet. Start enjoying yourself and your existence NOW and forget about tomorrow. We'll talk, and for the record Ayelet Survivor has not a thing to be embarrassed about that she should need to go by an alias :-) Bivracha, Plato

I have good friends. Right now I'm moping over the end of my CY liaison, so it's nice to hear from someone who thinks I'm special. Brought tears to my eyes. In a good way.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

1 comment:

  1. It should not come as a surprise to you that many other people feel the same way. Plato just phrased it well.

    Merry xmas :)

    ReplyDelete