Sunday, January 09, 2011

Ayelet gets a life

Had a very relaxing Shabbat, during which I did nothing. CY and I had plans to go to a movie Saturday night. He drove in, so I didn't have much time to prepare and had to face him without makeup. He didn't seem to mind. We wanted to see "Black Swan" but it was sold out, so we saw "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" instead. It wasn't bad.

We got the tickets more than an hour before the movie -- earlier shows were all sold out. So we went to Starbucks to kill some time. I have to say, CY was a gentleman. He asked me what I wanted (grande hot chocolate), then ordered it for me. And ordered himself a "perfect oatmeal." I was a little surprised. I hadn't thought he would have ordered something cooked. I didn't disapprove, of course. If anything, I was glad to see him order that.

We had a chance to talk. Things are usually quiet and awkward for us at first, and then we sort of warm up and get more comfortable. We talked about work. His seems to be going pretty well, which is good. CY apparently used his judo this week to throw a co-worker he was horsing around with, which strained his shoulder a little.

After the movie started, I slid my hand over to his, and he took it from there. Unlike last week, when he kept a safe distance from me, CY was very affectionate; I felt like a teenager, making out in a movie theater. Unfortunately, the armrest hits me in a very awkward spot, so eventually I had to sit up and watch the movie. We went back to my apartment and kissed some more. He tried to steal third base, but I reminded him we're taking things slow, which he accepted.

Monday night is another of ET's karaoke events. I think we're going to meet up before for dinner (at my suggestion, but he seems agreeable) and then go to the bar together.

This morning I woke up early, took out the garbage, and did a big grocery shopping. I should go to the farmer's market to get some orchard apples but I'm feeling lazy. Tonight I'm seeing "Next to Normal" with Miriam and Aviva. Should be fun.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

2 comments:

  1. glad to hear things are going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does a guy "steal" 3rd base? Maybe I've had my bases all wrong...! ;)

    Glad to hear things are good.

    ReplyDelete