Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Fired.

I've been terminated. Fortunately, my therapist can see me tomorrow. I've filed online for unemployment (I've been told they won't contest it) and downloaded the COBRA forms, which I need to print out and submit by 3/19/11.

I'm still numb.

What meant the most to me was the anger, shock, and dismay that some of my co-workers displayed. They don't think I'm a volatile screwup, and that means a lot to me. One of them even asked for my resume immediately and has a number of contacts he'll send it to.

I might not be blogging much in the days to come, but I promise not to do anything to hurt myself.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this! You're a smart, intelligent woman and I know you'll find something soon.
    Trying to see the good about things, my first though was that since you didn't seem to be particularly happy at your work place anyway, you might take this as an additional shove into the right direction towards a job you enjoy? I certainly hope so, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oy, so sorry!
    but that IS great that yr colleagues see you as eminently employable!
    liza

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be ok.
    We don't know each other but I wanted to let you know there are people out there in the blogosphere who can tell you that you will get through this.
    I know because I have been both where you are depressed and also fired.
    I just stumbled across your post and wanted to let you know that you will get through this.
    You are the survivor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, all of you. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Make sure you get your LCSW hours signed off on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. koshercritter, can you send me the URL for the organization you recommended I join? I did, but I don't have a record of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nyscsw.org hopefully they can help make sure you get your hours!

    ReplyDelete