Thursday, March 10, 2011

A casual response

Props to Gloria Chang, who sent me the following note:

I'd be honest without going into a lot of detail. You might write, for example, "I'm actually in mourning for my grandmother right now, so I'm planning to (go to a museum, stroll in the park, something quiet, whatever)." Then do it. I'd also briefly describe going on job interviews. He doesn't need to know all the details of that either.

This may well be a heavensent test of his character, by the way. A close and dear relative of mine (grandfather's sister) died right after my husband and I started going out. I was terribly shaken. He was wonderful about it. Don't put up with any less.

I decided not to talk about how my week went and just breezily chatted about the weekend:

Hi Ron, nice to hear from you. I recently lost my grandmother, so for now I'm not doing anything too exciting. I'll probably hang out with friends in the neighborhood (upper west side) and maybe go to the farmers market on Sunday. I love apples that come from an orchard, not the supermarket. Are you flying off anywhere? ;)

We'll see how he responds.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

No comments:

Post a Comment