Sunday, March 20, 2011

Pain in my ass

At first I thought it was just a boil -- a raised and painful but closed sore. Then it started... stretching a little. I revised my diagnosis to cellulitis after Googling my symptoms and trying to look at my behind in the mirror. Since I'm not a gymnast, that was very difficult.

It's embarrassing because, as I read, cellulitis can be caused by poor hygiene and poor circulation. I have to admit, I don't shower every day when I'm just sitting around making networking phone calls and emailing resumes. And that's most of what I've been doing. 

I first noticed it the end of last week. By Friday it hurt enough to make me think I should consult a dermatologist, and I have an appointment to see one tomorrow. I have a bunch of moles that need checking anyway, so I might as well go now. Fortunately, I don't have a fever and chills, signs that the cellulitis is getting serious, but I also don't feel so great.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

2 comments:

  1. I don't think cysts are painful, and they're probably also harder than this is. Whatever it is, I'm sure a dermatologist will be able to take care of it.

    ReplyDelete