Sunday, July 24, 2011

Dear Universe: Please stop sending me the WRONG men!

I really hate Facebook's friend suggestions. If they're people I know, they're usually people I don't like. But usually the suggestions don't lead to anything.

Today was an exception. I got an email -- not a friend request -- from someone I'll call Kahanist. (On his profile, that's the only "activity" that shows: the Kahane fan page. Slightly disturbing. Also no photo.)

pls add me

On my disguised Ayelet page, I add people all the time. On my "real" FB page, I'm more cautious.

who are you?

I asked.

im kahanist, we have mutual fb friends

I'm not really close with any of the friends we have in common.

yes, but I don't know who you are or anything about you

In other words, I don't know what you do or where you live or what kinds of things you like, so why should I friend you?

im get divorced, im jewish

Ugh. I'm not interested in dating recently divorced men, I'm jaded about men who've been divorced less than 3 years, and I have no interest in someone who's not even divorced yet.

sorry to hear about your divorce

That's all I have to say to Kahanist. But he's not satisfied.

have u ever been married
i take it ur jewish

That is just none of his business.

I don't know who you are, so I'm not going to answer any personal questions.

He didn't take that well.

I ANSWERED WHEN U WANTED 2 KNOW WHO I WAS
I DONT KNOW WHO U R

Anger management issues? He just made himself even less attractive. Just go away!

look, I'm not interested in someone who's not divorced

He's apparently difficult to put off:

ur single i take it
acc 2 jew law im divorced
civil div
G-d willing soon

I asked one of our mutual friends about him, but I'm willing to bet I still won't be interested. So when does the law of attraction start working for me, not against my gag reflex?
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

2 comments:

  1. I don't subscribe to the "Law of Attraction" -- I think it's an underlying principle of "The Secret," which, understandably, has been subject to a lot of criticism. But if you want to follow this Law, I believe they say you need to banish feelings of negativity, patent and latent. Your negative feelings are writ large here.

    Screw the Law. But be a person radiating positivity and people will want to be around you, and lead you to other people who want to be around you. And I hope that one of them ends up to be someone you make a connection with.

    ReplyDelete