Thursday, August 04, 2011

Ayelet hears from a Construction Worker

I'm in several singles groups on Facebook. Rarely do I hear anything from the men in these groups. And when I do, it's usually not from a man I'd consider interesting.

8/2/11: Hi Ayelet

I guess you must be having a wonderful start of the new month. I found your page on Frum Matchmaker. I really wish we get to be friends or maybe know each other more better. Looking forward to read from you soonest. Have a lovely day. Samuel

My friend Netanel told me not to judge men by their emails or online dating profiles "because straight men don't know how to write." Okay, fine, I won't judge. I looked at his profile, which says he was born in Madrid. That means English isn't his first language, but it seems to be better than my Spanish.

8/3/11: Hi Samuel, thanks for writing. I didn't know there were frum Jews in Spain! Have a great day, Ayelet

I'm really not interested in moving to Madrid, but for the right man...

8/4/11: Hi There

So glad to read from you, I really wish we get to be friends or maybe know each other more better. I guess with good communication we would get to learn more about our selfs in no time. I was originally born In Spain but right now I live in the States. We moved to the States when I was still a Kid. My Father was from Madrid Spain. I live in Georgia. What about you? Tell me a little about your self. By the way you look so amazing with a very pretty smile. Looking forward to read from you soonest. Take care and have a lovely day.

He grew up in the US? Sigh. He didn't go to college, and he's a construction worker. If he grew up in the States and this is how he writes... not auspicious. Even if he's a straight man. Why don't intelligent men ever think I'm amazing with a pretty smile?

8/5/11: Well, I'm a social worker. I grew up in (upstate) NY but moved to NYC after I graduated college. I like museums, books, movies, traveling. How old were you when you moved to the US?

I'll see how he responds, but I'm not optimistic. At least my smile is working for some men. But again, I want the law of attraction to bring me the man I'm going to love, admire, and respect. I don't think this is that man.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

2 comments:

  1. Don't judging a book by it's covering. You can understand more better after he wriets back to you a message.

    ReplyDelete