Tuesday, August 09, 2011

I am NOT forgotten!!!!

Tisha b'Av was rainy and cool this year. I didn't fast completely, but I ate a whole lot less than I wanted to. You would think that a woman who needs to lose a good 20 pounds wouldn't even notice skipping a few meals, but I was wiped out all day. 

Then I got an email from Sylvia the Shadchanit:

Subject: You are NOT forgotten!!!! 

I have NOT forgotten you. It has been hectic for me in Israel and I just returned after a week in St. Petersburg, Russia where my husband had a conference and I went sightseeing :-) . We returned right before tisha B'Av and now we are packing to go to the Galil with our kids tomorrow, IY"H. I sent an email to Netanel and am waiting to hear from him. As soon as I do, and I have a strong feeling it will be a positive email, I will certainly get back to you. Sorry for the delays. Life has a habit of getting in the way of our good intentions. Hope you had an easy fast. "Talk" to you soon. 

That was nice to see.

Thanks! :) Hope your fast was easy as well. I am sure St. Petersburg was fascinating, hope you were able to visit the Hermitage. Enjoy the Galil! 

I'm not sure how optimistic I'm going to be, though. In one of my Facebook singles groups, the 40something men leapfrog over each other to hit on women in their 20s and 30s, and ignore women my age. Like 44-year-old Superficial Sammy, whom I was silly enough to message:

hey, saw your post in the group -- where are you located? I'm in Manhattan 

SS responded:

Wesley Hills 

Where the heck is Wesley Hills? I asked, and he responded:

far far away lol 
I am dating someone at the moment off and on 

Which explains why SS is sniffing around all the women in their 30s who post in the group.

I know I shouldn't care, but it's irritating me. Although I decided to adopt a new mantra: every time I see an online profile of a man in his 40s (or 50s) seeking a woman in her 30s, I will say, "Thank you for removing yourself from the gene pool."
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

2 comments:

  1. Wesley Hills is Monsey.
    Keep us posted on Netanel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be a hater.

    Look at the Sunday NY times and you will see 40s-30s and 30s-20s marriages, with 10-year differences.

    I did see one where a 43 yo man married a 42 yo woman; the bride was general counsel of Pandora Media, that "Internet radio" company. So apparently if you're a professional successful woman over 40, there's still hope you won't have to date/marry creepy geezers.

    ReplyDelete