Thursday, August 04, 2011

What I really WANT to say to Adam Hashakran

Remember the matchmaker who curbsided me and tried to set me up with a stalker dentist? I saw him join a Facebook group recently and decided to email him, since we hadn't communicated in two years:

I never heard from you regarding any potential matches.

Looking at that now, it does seem a little abrupt. He responded:

Hi. I actually make a marriage via (kiruv center) about six months ago. I haven't been doing MM-ing for a year now, as I teach Yiddish conversation on Monday nights...do you know Ziva Kramer? She is a matchmaker who gives a very popular relationships class on Monday nights...will resume after the summer. Regards.

Asshole. Why tell me about a successful marriage you made and then say you've stopped making matches? This is what I wanted to send:

Then perhaps (kiruv center) should refund the $10 I paid. Or I should send you a bill for the 30-minute consultation on how to deal with your difficult teenager. Ziva Kramer set me up with men who weren't what I was looking for, and I didn't find out until I was actually on the date with them.

But what would it get me? Nothing. It's not worth it. I just have to let it go. And give up on matchmakers. Well, at least the matchmakers you have to pay for. Still waiting to hear from Sylvia if Netanel is interested.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

No comments:

Post a Comment