Thursday, October 06, 2011

I know I am, but what are you?

So I was feeling curious and unsettled about SOD. I sent him a message and we started chatting:

A: gmar chatima tova, hope you have an easy fast
SOD: Toda. You too, pale skin beauty.....
A: thanks
SOD: you're a doll....
A: and you are very mysterious, like a phantom
SOD: why? lol

Isn't it obvious? I've said this before. I'm addressing it again in a playful manner. But apparently it's a little too oblique for SOD.

A: because I've never met you or seen your face
SOD: are u that curious? haha... i think ur cute and full of life
A: I know I am, but what are you?

Maybe that will open him up a little. Or maybe not. I meant it to be playful and flirtatious, but reading it again here, I think I just sound defensive.

SOD: too bad ure orthodox coz im not....I know who I am do you know who u are? lol, thats from a Seinfeld episode....
A: I'm not orthodox. I keep kosher, and if I get married I want to have a Jewish home and send my kids to Jewish schools, but I'm not orthodox.

After the JV debacle, I decided that I will be very flexible when it comes to finding a husband. That is my primary goal. Not shmirat mitzvot. Sorry, I'm just not that noble. After 18 years of unsuccessful frum dating, I'm trying to be more open.

SOD: I see....ok. So u wear pants? lol... ure cute. ure cute becoz of ur sense of humor.....
A: I'm glad you have a good sense of me, I wish I could say the same about you

I'm just not letting it go.

SOD: I'm very down to earth and a good listener....and lover, haha. Was that funny?

Not especially. I don't think I should address that. He sent another IM before I could respond anyway.

SOD: I'm home, but no good old movies are on, sucks. I love 40s and 50s movies.
A: I love classic movies too.
SOD: North by northwest, Rope, Burt Lancaster.... Robert Mitchum, Robert Taylor.... Spencer Tracy.... hope we can chat tonite out here.....

That's not going to happen.

A: I'd rather talk on the phone, honestly... I think IMing is a waste of time.

And... silence. So I guess I know how seriously to take him: not very. Along the way, somehow he unfriended me and then sent me another friend request. I accepted, but if I don't hear from him within a week, I'm unfriending him for good.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

2 comments:

  1. Don't waste any more time on this player.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really Ayelet? After all these years of dating you're taking this guy seriously? He sounds uber creepy not oblique, mysterious or anything else remotely positive. Anyone who says things like "pale skin beauty" to a complete stranger is a creep of the first order. And giving him more credit by calling him a "phantom" just eggs him on. I can't believe you're falling for this.

    ReplyDelete