Monday, October 10, 2011

Philo weighs in

I wanted to be anywhere but the upper west side for Simchat Torah this. It's more than "been there, done that." It's "been there, yet haven't completely lost hope so every year I continue to be devastated by the fact that I don't meet someone." And the Kallah was lovely enough to give me the choice of going to her for first or last days.

My friend Philo had a suggestion:

My advice is to go to Crown Heights for the first days. I know I don't comment much, but I HAVE been reading Ayelet (FB statuses and the blog), and if you're feeling down about your life right now and need a change, you should get that change as soon as you can. And maybe being away for the first days will give you enough of a fresh perspective that you'll be able to enjoy Simchat Torah on the UWS after all.

Smart man, Philo. So that's what I'll do. I'll go to Crown Heights for the first days and get a spiritual inoculation. Maybe then I'll approach the last days with the right mixture of low expectations and marginal hopes.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

No comments:

Post a Comment