Thursday, December 01, 2011

Another #Jwed prince

I still haven't decided whether to rejoin Jwed, and this guy, who visited my profile today, isn't swaying me toward re-upping.

Age: 45
Location: New York, New York
Build: 5'8" average
Marital Status: Single (never married)
Children: None
Education: Masters Degree
Occupation: Educational Administrator
Politics: Conservative
Smoke: No
Affiliation: Shomer Mitzvot
Tzitzit: Always Torah: Daily
Prayer: 3x daily

About me: I am called up to the Torah, as a Yisroel...Like to read alot, watch cable tv, and eat good/healthy food. Enjoy listening and singing shlomo carlebach niggunim. Singing Jewish variety of melodies/songs, especially for shabbous.. Seriously seeking to become a husband and father. 

I'm looking for: A religious female, single, divorced(must have Get) or widow(must have death certificate), (all with/without children), up to 38 years young. She should be able and willing to have children. Serious candidates only. Lets drink a l'chaim.

I'm looking for: A religious female, single, divorced(must have Get) or widow(must have death certificate), (all with/without children), up to 38 years young. She should be able and willing to have children. Serious candidates only. Lets drink a l'chaim. 

So he's probably reasonably intelligent and seems to have a responsible job. Still. Is it me, or does he sound rigid and creepy? And not very interesting. His only interests are reading, cable TV and eating? Sometimes I really fear for the future of the Jewish people. Fortunately, I'm much too old for him.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

3 comments:

  1. Hate to break it to you, but after you have kids, you're lucky if you get to one of those three "interests" in a day. Or do you imagine marriage an an endless series of dates where you sit and analyze an endless array of fascinating topics? It's not. Daily conversations tend to relate mostly to the house/kids and maybe some local politics/current events if you have broader interests.

    After marriage, a person's interests don't really matter all that much. My husband loves science fiction and gory movies with lots of things blowing up. I don't care for either (hate the latter). We've still managed to be very happy together for 10 years

    ReplyDelete
  2. CA, I hate to break it to you, but my view of marriage is not as naive as you imagine. I don't think that my husband and I will discuss mutual interests every day. I do hope that he'll have some actual interests, whether or not they coincide with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the biggest red flag is that he is 45 and never married. Men whom I have met who have gotten to that point are either gay and in denial, have some ridiculous standard of perfection that they want their supposed wife to live up to, or don't actually want to get married and just refuse to admit it. I think you are better off dating men who are divorced and/or widowers - at least you know they can commit ;)

    ReplyDelete