Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hit the road, Jake

Jersey Jake finally got back to me today:

So sorry its been a while since Ive followed up. I had to rush to queens to help a friend that slipped on a train platform in philly & broke his arm by the elbow. Very painfiul + therapy.
Out of sight is not out of mind though. Howve you been?

I spoke to my friend Rochel, the dating coach, and she was as outraged as I was. Seriously, Jake? You take twelve days to respond to me AGREEING to have coffee with you? Did you break your arm on the train platform as well -- is that why you couldn't email me back?  

And he's been unemployed for more than two years -- maybe because he's a total flake?

I need someone reliable. Ivan the Terrible had one foot out the door for our entire relationship. He flaked on me, too. One day he's looking at houses and wedding halls with me, the next he's saying, "I realized on Tuesday that I do not want to be married..."  I can't do that again.

Jersey Jake has proven himself unreliable. I don't need the stress of wondering after every date whether he'll call, if we'll go out again, what he thinks of me. His little "out of sight is not out of mind" comment strikes me as highly manipulative. Please, don't lose interest, Ayelet, even though I haven't acted like I'm really interested in you! I'm really, really still interested in you! Really!

Not. I've blocked him on Facebook and email. This is the end of the road for Jersey Jake.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

No comments:

Post a Comment