Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pesach planning

In 2009, I went to one seder. and made plans to go to two lunches and another seder, but didn't go. I was fortunate enough to spend the rest of Pesach with Dov and Tova and their children in Israel, which was truly amazing.

In 2010, I made 2 sedarim. I thought I'd be making Pesach in 2011 and all the years to come. We took the malchicks to the Bronx Zoo, the Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island, the Empire State Building, and did other "family" things. I don't know if I'll ever have that again.

In 2011, I went to one seder and spent the rest of the holiday ruminating.

This year, I was invited by my sister to spend Pesach with her, the kids, cousins Yaffa and Yonina, and my mother. That's not happening. As long as my mother is providing the pervert with a comfortable retirement, I'm not having anything to do with her. I call, Skype and email my nieces and nephew frequently, but I'm not willing to spend more than a day with my sister.

Was also invited by Harriet, Shuli's friend, whom I've recently been getting to know a lot better. (It's funny, I've been spending so much time with Harriet and her family that I assumed I've been blogging about them, but I haven't.) She said I could come to any or all of her meals. She and her family are HUGE Ayelet fans, which is really nice. Old friends are fabulous, but new friends are a treat too. Also got another seder invite from friends in Manhattan. So I'll be spending the first days in Manhattan, one seder with Harriet and the other with the other family. Might go to friends in Brooklyn for the last days.

I don't think I'll be calling anyone to ask for first day lunches, though. If I feel like being social, I'll go to shul. But I think I'll need to rest.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

No comments:

Post a Comment