Saturday, October 27, 2012

I don't want to live in New Jersey. Not even in my dreams.

I had a very interesting dream recently, over the holidays.

I dreamed I bought the house in New Jersey that Ivan the Terrible was renting. I did this so I could watch his children, since he’d bought the house across the street. Spy on the children, I guess is more like it. I didn’t see them, but I saw Ivan. I never saw his face, but I saw him from behind. I really didn't want him to see me, and I didn’t particularly want to see him. Just wanted to the kids, but I don't think I did.

I also was paying my Spanish-speaking cleaning lady $40/week, and she sat down with me and said I had to pay her $56/week. I was talking to her in Spanish, so I felt intimidated and I capitulated.

Then I was wondering, how often do I have to have the cleaning lady? Every other week or once a month? And then I thought, how am I going to afford this? Living in Manhattan and just going to New Jersey on the weekends to try to see Ivan’s kids? I have a mortgage now? I don't want to live in New Jersey!

I went out into the street. It was erev Yom Kippur, and some people invited me in for the pre-fast meal and then Kol Nidre. And at Kol Nidre I didn't know where to sit. I couldn’t tell if it was mixed or separate seating. People were singing and praying, and I couldn't follow what they were doing. So I left.

Interesting dream. Pretty sure it means I'm just about done with Ivan the Terrible.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

No comments:

Post a Comment